Musa Yusuf, Faki A. Silas and Salim Haruna
Subject Area : Distributed Computing
Cloud computing is where software applications, data storage and processing capacity are accessed via the internet. This paper involves with analysis of the importance of cloud computing in software application developed as a service. To achieved that, a web based application OPMaSwas developed to provide service that will improvetheaudit readiness and compliance, couple with conformance to records retention policies and automated record management bundled using SaaS model. The web application is meant to manage personnel of any given organization, providing strong functionalities developed in modules such as; personnel information management module, training information management module, leave management module, resume management module, appraisal management module, document management module, reporting module and payroll management module. This applies to a lot of third world countries especially in Nigeria where interest e-commerce is fast growing. The system was evaluated using software performance methods where a reasonable performance was achieved as compared to state of the art software.
- Jae Y. L., Jung W. L., Du W. C. and Soo D. K. (2009). A Quality Model for Evaluating Software-as-a-Service in Cloud Computing. Published by IEEE in 2009 as Proceeding Seventh ACIS International Conference on Software Engineering Research, Management and Applications, page 1. Print ISBN: 978-0-7695-3903-4, INSPEC Accession Number: 11073557DOI: 10.1109/SERA.2009.43
- Deltek (2013). Evaluating SaaS and Cloud Solutions: Guidance for Organizations on Selecting an Effective Solution. Accessed on 14 June, 2018. Via https://www.stambaughness.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/12/Evaluating_SaaS_and_Cloud_Solutions_WP.pdf
- Chekfoung T., Kecheng L, Lily S. (2013). A design of evaluation method for SaaS in cloud computing. Published by Journal of Industrial Engineering and Management JIEM, 2013 – 6(1):50-72 – Online ISSN: 2013-0953 – Print ISSN: 2013-8423 http://dx.doi.org/10.3926/jiem.661
- Ahmed S. & Maria S. (2014). Inter-cooperative Collective Intelligence: Techniques and Applications, Studies in Computational Intelligence. DOI: 10.1007/978-3-642-35016-0_2, _ Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg
- Mahesh K. (2014). Software as a service for efficient cloud computing. International Journal of Research in Engineering and Technology, 3(1), pp 178 – 181.
- Jayade, K. G. &GaikwadC. J (2013). Cloud computing for agricultural information management in India, International Journal of Software and Web Sciences, 6(1), pp. 38–42
- Jose M. & David H.(2013).Review and analysis of networkingchallengesin cloud computing, Article partly funded bythe European Union Seventh Framework Programme (FP7/2007-13), grant agreement no. 312758: the SECCRIT project.
- Andreas M. Kleopatra K., Juncal A., Leire O., Jesus G., George K., Christina S., Hugo B., Bram P., Peter S., Oliver S., Tatiana S. & Theodora V (2014). Software modernization and cloudification using the artist migration methodology and framework, Scalable Computing: Practice and Experience, 15(2), pp 131–152
- Sophia M. (2016). Saas, PaaS, and IaaS: Understanding the Three Cloud Computing Service Models, DoubleHorn, Data Driven: Cloud Optimized, Available on https://doublehorn.com/saas-paas-and-iaas-understanding/, Retrieved 23rd April, 2018.
- Vijayalakshmi, C. (2013). An exploration of cloud service delivery models in a hybrid environment –A new depiction to corporate Computing, Proceeding. of World Conference on Multimedia and Computer Science, ACEEE, 2013.
- Keith B. (2013). Business Intelligence SaaS Pros and Cons, A DMG Federal eBook, March.
- PlanMyLeave. (2017). Leave Management System. Retrieved from http://www.planmyleave.com/
- Limited, I. C. (2017). WHAT IS SAAS? Retrieved from http://www.interoute.com/what-saas
- Texas, T. U. o. (2017). Welcome to Human Resources. Retrieved from https://hr.utexas.edu/
- Employease (2017) Retrieved from https://employease.com.au/
- Beehive (2016) Retrieved from http://beehiveschool.com.ng/
- Pittsburgh (2018): Retrieved from https://www.hr.pitt.edu/employee-resources
- Reviewsnap (2018): Retrieved from https://www.reviewsnap.com/
- Intelex (2018): Retrieved from https://www.intelex.com/landing/training-management-software
- Marine Corps (2018): Retrieved from http://www.candp.marines.mil/Programs/Focus-Area-2-Training-Simulation/Programs/Training-and-Education-Enablers/Marine-Corps-Training-Information-Management-System-MCTIMS/
- SalaryPayroll (2013 - 2018): Retrieved from http://paybooks.in/payroll-management-system-features/